1/17/12

Skillet Rosemary Potatoes


For years, my mother has been on my case about not "burning" food. But i keep arguing with her that that slight burnt taste is what gives my food an edge. In the process, I have burned so many of her precious pans. One day, I even did the Flambe trick - you know where you set the food on fire! That did not go too well. I was kicked out of the kitchen but ofcourse I couldn't stay out too long. Anyhow, so my theory is that searing or as my mom calls it "burning" the food, does give it the food a special kick.  So to ensure a fool proof sear, we bought this Lodge Logic skillet.  I cannot wait to try some yummy Sizzlers on it. But, thats for one of my non-busy days. Today, we will have to make do this with this pretty simple yet comforting potatoes recipe!

Baby Potatoes (About 12)
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 finely chopped garlic
Salt and Black Pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)
Butter

1. Wash the potatoes and submerge them in a pot full of cold salted water.  Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are slightly tender (About 10 minutes) Drain and submerge them in cold water. When slightly cooled, cut into halves.
2. Heat skillet until really hot. Add some butter and turn the heat down (it will smoke) - so have your ingredients ready to go.
3. Add the chopped garlic and give it a quick stir. Add the cilantro and stir. Add rosemary and sautee until fragrant.
4. Now spread some more butter throughout the pan. Place the potatoes face side down picking a little garlic and rosemary at a time (ie spread the garlic and rosemary around).
5. On low heat continue to sear the potatoes until they get a good golden brown color. Add salt and black pepper. I also tipped them a little towards the end to sear the skin. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes.

Potatoes are ready!

Note: I left the skin on the potatoes. You can choose to peel the skin off.

No comments:

Post a Comment