1/25/13

Indian Coastal Cuisine

Indian Seafood Recipes

The next best thing to my wonderful husband is my Seafood!!! Okay fine, I will be honest,  sometimes the seafood takes priority over him too. Like when I am in India and my aunt cooks a pot full of delicious crab curry or when I am chowing down my bombil fry or when I have to literally kick him out of the house so I can cook Karandi Fry or Sukhe Bombil Koshimbir. For those who have not heard of these dishes, but love seafood, let me assure you, its like going to heaven and back.

So here is my attempt to capture all the wonderful seafood recipes from the coastal regions of India.  If you look at it, most recipes have the same ingredients - coconut, tamarind, kokums, etc - but small variations from different regions ex adding curry leaves or the way the coconut is added - roasted or coconut milk, bring about the variations in these recipes.  I have tried to accumulate a list of recipes based on different coastal/regions of India.


- Malvani fish curry
- Mori Masala
- Fried Bangda
- Bombil Fry
- Fish koliwada
- Shrimp Tikhale
- Kolambichi Sheer
- Teesracha Sukh
- Kolambi Bhaat
- Kurlicha Sukha
- Sukkat Masala
- Paplet Fry
- Kolambi Fry
- Kolambicha Sukha
-  Sol Kadhi
- Bangdyachi Koshimbir
- Fish Ambotik
- Paplet Kalputi
- Fish Udamethi
- Kolambicha Kalvan
- Kolambicha Bhujna
- Paplet Hirva Masala
- Shrimp Balchao
- Fish Xacuti
- Shrimp Vindaloo
- Lobster Masala


Shrimp Recipes:

1. Kolambichi Sheer
http://slurpnburp-mithu.blogspot.com/2013/01/kolambichi-sheer-shrimp-curry.html









 

No comments:

Post a Comment