6/17/11

Palak and Cherry Tomato Koshimbir - Spinach N Cherry Tomato Salsa




We had mutton/goat curry last night and although that was a hit, this koshimbir was a bigger hit. This simple Indian style salsa goes really well with any sort of meat curry.  Growing up, we only ate meat curries (chicken) on Sundays. And I cannot remember a single instance when mom did not compliment the curry with this amazingly simple koshimbir or salsa. 

1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
10 cherry tomatoes, fincely diced
1 green chilli, finely chopped
Couple handfuls of spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
Dash of garlic powder
Salt and Black pepper
Pinch of sugar
1/2 tbsp lime juice

Mix all ingredients.  I always use my hand to make Koshimbir because I gently crush the contents as I mix which really imparts a different flavor than if you were to just mix with a spoon. But ofcourse this is optional (smile).  Let sit for atlease 5 minutes to let the contents marinate in their juices.


2 comments:

  1. mmm .. I love Koshimbir. Never had spinach as a part of it though. Good one .. will add next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes do try. its tastes yummmmy.. my moms recipe - Slurpbburp

    ReplyDelete