7/14/10

Pasta al Formaggio




This is a very basic pasta dish that I make at home. However, this is special to me because it is inspired by my cousin Karishma's Chikun Guniya Pasta, that she named after me. I hope you never find out what that means - but her pasta was yum. I tried many times to recreate that taste but I failed. So, I just made this recipe up. Maybe she'd approve!?

Ingredients:
7oz Whole grain spaghetti
3 tbsp margarine
1 cup onion, sliced lengthwise
1 cup green pepper, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
1/8 cup Italian dressing, lite
1/4tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp Italian seasonings
Salt
Cajun seasoning or Cayenne Pepper (Optional)

Method:
Cook the pasta according to package directions. I made about half of the 13oz box of spaghetti. Make sure you add some oil and salt to the boiling water before adding the pasta. Drain the pasta and toss the pasta around holding a paper towel in your hand. This soaks up any extra leftover water. Drizzle some oil and salt to taste and set aside.

Add margarine in a heated pan and when it melts add the onions. Sautee till translucent. Now add the green peppers and sautee till they are soft.  Add the Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasonings, and some salt. You can add some cayenne pepper if you like some heat to your pasta. Now add the tomatoes and sautee well. Dont let the tomatoes overcook. Now, add the shredded cheese and stir as the cheese melts and coats the veggies. Throw in the pasta and toss so that the sauce coats the pasta. Add some cheese on the top if you wish.

- Add the pasta a little at a time to make sure that you have enough sauce to coat the pasta.
- Add the seasonings to pasta when it is sitting in the colander because this allows you to use your hands to coat the seasonings (Wash your hands before you do this though ;) )

1 comment:

  1. Mithu I made this yesterday and it was fabulous! I didn't have any Italian seasonings on hand so I just used garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete