8/30/10

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

























The familia is out and about today visiting some friends. So, the Inamdar kitchen is closed.  Trust me, I miss my kitchen. But, this break was necessary. A 3 hour nap is exactly what I needed!! So here is the recipe for the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that I made few weeks ago. I followed the recipe on the Quaker Oats box :)

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened shopping list
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
2 eggs shopping list
1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
1½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
½ teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
3 cups of Quaker Oats (Quick) shopping list
1 cup raisins (optional) shopping list

Method:

Preheat oven to 350° F. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Slowly stir in oats. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on sheet, remove to wire rack.  BAR COOKIES: Bake 30 to 35 minutes on ungreased 13 x 9-inch metal pan

Tip: I got lazy to use two pans and ended up overcrowding the pan. Be sure to not overcrowd your cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment